Details of Coverage
- US$250 deductible per warranty failure
- The original engine warranty and the extended warranty run
concurrently. For example, when a five year extended warranty is purchased, the
purchased five years is not added to the original two years of warranty to make
a total of 7 years warranty, but rather purchased warranty coverage begins with
the delivery of the engine and ends 5 years later, or at the hour limit
- Extended Warranty coverage begins upon termination of the original
engine warranty and continues to the time or hours-of-use limit, whichever
occurs first, of the coverage selected, measured from the date of delivery of
the engine to the original retail purchaser.
- Belts, hoses, filters, fluids, zinc anodes, injection pumps,
injectors, spark plugs, starters, alternators and voltage regulators are not
- Please purchase your Extended Warranty during the first year, and
before 2,000 hours of use, otherwise a surcharge applies. ($100 on 3, 4 and 5
cylinder engines, and $150 on six cylinder engines)
- Deere requires the part number of the Operation and Maintenance
Manual delivered with the engine (OMRG..). This is most important, because the
Operation and Maintenance Manual is a part of the extended warranty contract,
as stated in Paragraph D on the reverse of Form DF1766. It is essential that
the purchaser be given the correct Operation and Maintenance Manual and that he
understands its relationship to the contract.
- The bottom portion of the original (Customer copy) of Form DF1766 is
the Extended Warranty Transfer Form. The purchaser would use this form should
he sell the engine and wish to transfer the remaining extended warranty to the
buyer (Transferee). Coverage is transferable at no charge. A
confirmation letter will be sent to the second purchaser, or the reason for
non-acceptance will be given and the fee returned to the sender.
- Subject to Deere Power Systems Group approval, Extended Warranty may
be purchased without penalty within one year from the date of delivery of the
engine to the original retail purchaser. Add US$100 to if purchased during the
second year of warranty, at which time total hours of use must be less than
- Register using Deere Off-Highway Engine Extended Warranty Form DF1766
dated 03/01 or later, except for marine engines.
- Marine engines are registered using form DF1766ME dated 01Apr02 or
later. A marine engine is defined as a marinized engine model or one with an
emissions rating specific to marine engines.
Please contact Frontier for Extended Warranty prices for marine,
forestry, and off-highway diesel engines.
(2009 pricing is in DTAC
solution 75675/ PSB 18-Dec-2008)
Problems & questions |
Products | Service |
Library | Contact |
Links | Sign in