Develop your career with industry specialists in engines and power generation products!
Are you looking for a GREAT company that cares about growing your career? You found us! Frontier Power prides itself on our Employee Experience, and we are looking for a Junior Parts Person to join the crew and build their career with us.
This is a unique opportunity to grow your career and gain experience in the Parts Department. Accuracy in all aspects of this position is key to the functioning of all other areas of the enterprise. In-bound and out-bound shipments are processed quickly in order efficiently serve our internal and external customers with the level of service they expect from Frontier Power Products. This position is exposed to many functions of the branch store and has a variety of responsibilities.
Typical duties and requirements:
– Receive and receipt daily in-bound shipments from vendors. Shipments include: Parts for inventory and customer orders, BBT transfers, Engines, Alternators, Related production components, and etc.
– Assisting with parts ordering functions when requested.
– Prepare out-bound shipments consisting of: Outbound customer parts orders, finished whole good production units to customers, BBT transfers and other related components.
– Assist parts staff with order fulfilment when requested.
– Pick up and delivery of local orders and/or assisting shop techs that require unexpected parts delivery to job site.
Other related duties and requirements:
– Maintain a clean and organized parts stock room.
– Count inventory as assigned by either spot check, cycle count of annual full count.
– Assist production by delivering orders to shop based on work orders in progress.
– Follow-up with vendors for discrepancies in shipments until resolved.
– Familiarity with receiving procedures: Check BOL, note overage/shortage, receive into system, unpack inspect and put away accurately.
– Frequent use of shipping procedures: Pick to order, package, stage, create documents, track shipments.
– Other duties, as assigned
– Safe workplace attitude and follows safety guidelines in all areas of the workplace.
– Valid drivers’ license and clean drivers abstract
– Forklift operation and safe use of related equipment used on the job
– Fundamental parts department knowledge
– Warehousing bin maintenance and good housekeeping skills
– FIFO mentality with parts stocking and issuing to orders
– Computer literacy to complete tasks in electronic format when practical
– Knowledge in preparing courier and LTL shipment manifests
– Knowledge in cross border shipping requirements
– Capable of lifting as per MB Labor guidelines
– Can-do attitude with a focus on high customer satisfaction
– Efficient in time management and planning, being cost conscious and continuous process improvement mentality
– Being receptive to feedback and a willingness to learn
– Excellent attention to details
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour