Production Manager – Edmonton, Alberta
Frontier Power Products is a leading supplier of diesel engines, generator sets, industrial power units, and pump units. We represent John Deere, and Kubota Power Systems as well as Kohler Industrial generator sets.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership for the production department. This role effectively and efficiently manages the development and directions of the production team to drive productivity gains, cost reductions and a superior level of satisfaction with our internal and external customers.
Overall Function / Responsibility:
- Design and execute a production facility using lean manufacturing guidelines for continuous build standard products (assembly line) and custom build products.
- Oversee the operations of entire production department and maintains quality, efficiencies, and production levels to high industry standards.
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe manner, in accordance with Frontier’s safety rules.
- Analyzes and reports on department, monthly and annually, develop departmental KPI’s, developing, and executing on plans when targets not met.
- Develops budgets and performs cost-benefit analysis.
- Champions continuous improvement initiatives designed to eliminate non-value-added activities while improving production excellence.
- Manages material, method, and machinery for the department.
- Perform QC/QA duties as related to finished machines and liaise with customers on special documentation requirements.
- Minimum 5 years in various engineering, operations, and production leadership/improvement environments
- Sound analytical/critical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Direct knowledge of products from design stage through production and installation in the field
- Experience creating and reviewing technical documentation including project plans, test procedures, design documents, bill of material, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and consistent follow-up skills
- Embracing a continuous improvement environment
- University degree in business and/or engineering desired.
- Trade or similar certification an asset.
Frontier Power has a commitment to diversity and inclusion, all applications will be considered. We thank all applicants but only those who qualify will be contacted.